Citizens Advice Rutland has a range of paid posts from administrator to specialist advisers.
We are currently looking for a Research and Communications and Outreach Consultant for 14 hours per week, up to six months, subject to review.
Context of role
Citizens Advice Rutland, (CAR) a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee, is the lead organisation for the Rutland Access Partnership (RAP), (comprising of Citizens Advice, The Bridge and Longhurst Housing Association) responsible for implementing a contract delivering wellbeing services, alongside delivery of our core advice services.
This consultancy will lead on the development and implementation of a Citizens Advice Rutland (CAR) communications and outreach strategy, promoting and showcasing the organisation’s work. The roleholder will conceive, design and deliver traditional and social media outreach and campaigning, designed to engage with donors, partners and service users alike.
The roleholder must have the ability to meet the practical requirements of the post, including flexibility regarding occasional unsociable hours, and meetings with local (in Rutland) stakeholders, at times in person (subject to COVID regulations).
- Update voluntary sector partners, including local and national statutory and non-statutory organisations, Wellbeing partners and the wider public on the work of CAR and the issues that directly affect our service users.
- Oversee communications and outreach in local media. Place articles and relevant content within Rutland based print, radio and TV and online media. Oversee and manage the delivery of regular communications showcasing the work and impact of CAR, its partners.
- Schedule and manage social media posts to showcase work and results of CAR and our partners, harnessing existing results, data and communication channels. Promote the products and services offered by CAR and its partners consistent with CAR's social media strategy.
- Recruit, train and mobilise volunteers and work with CAR staff to increase impact and interact with partners. Identify issues and organise collective campaigns and awareness raising activities.
- Role reports to the Chief Executive Officer but will involve regular collaboration with CAR staff, partners and volunteers.
- Manage and grow relationships and content partnerships with Rutland-centric print (including hyper local publications), radio and TV and online media.
- Oversee and manage the delivery of communications bulletins showcasing the work and impact of CAR, its partners and issues that directly impact service users.
- Build and grow mailing lists, databases and networks associated with the work of CAR.
- Liaise with CAR staff to produce a portfolio of regularly updated content that showcases the many aspects of the work of the organisation.
- Proof-read and if necessary, rewrite media statements
- Recruit, manage and utilise suitable volunteers to support this role.
- To project manage CAR social media campaigns in collaboration with staff and volunteers.
- Grow engagement and impact of CAR’s social media offering.
- Create engaging content on the work of CAR and its partners.
- Work with existing CAR staff to showcase work, harness results and data. Promoting the products, services offered by the organisation in a way that is consistent with a CAR’s brand and social media strategy.
- Recruit, train and mobilise both volunteers and staff to increase impact, interact with partners and identifying issues and organising collective campaigning.
- Keeping track of data and analysing the performance of social media campaigns.
- Grow and develop a network of social media partners reposting and sharing content.
- Promote the work, aims, principles, policies, interests and reputation of the Rutland Citizen Advice service both locally and nationally, especially in the context of a rapidly changing environment and ensure that the organisation has a high profile at all times.
- Work with CAR staff on the development of research and campaigns.
- Develop effective relations with appropriate authorities, agencies, organisations and individuals at local and national levels, including councillors, MPs and local and national statutory and non-statutory organisations.
Any other duties
- Undertake such other duties as may lie within the scope of this post to ensure the effective delivery and development of the consultancy
- The ability to commit to and work within the aims, principles and policies of Citizens Advice Rutland
- A good general education, attainment which demonstrates a high level of literacy, numeracy and ability to assimilate complex information
- Past experience of working as a journalist or within communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present ideas and information clearly. Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing with individuals and a wide variety of organisations
- Experience of copy writing, editing and proof reading.
- Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of website and social media or content management. Ability to produce engaging and concise content to deadline.
- Personable, proactive and able to develop effective and professional working relationships
- Knowledge of building and growing audience in particular around mailing lists and databases.
- Experience working with platforms such as Mailchimp.
Please contact Sue Platt (email@example.com) for an application pack.
Closing Date: 7th May 2021